- Acted for the founders of a leading service provider in the financial services industry in an HKIAC arbitration arising out of a sale of business to a French listed global solutions provider.
- Acted for a New York-based investment management firm in an HKIAC arbitration against a Hong Kong-listed real estate developer, obtained an interim award ordering payment of US$164 million into an escrow account and achieved a US$200 million settlement through subsequent mediation.
- Acted for a consortium of private equity investors in an UNCITRAL arbitration against a Chinese real estate developer, and obtained a final award ordering the adverse party to pay more than US$595 million.
- Acted for a Fortune 500 multinational pharmaceutical and healthcare company and its subsidiaries in a high-profile product liability and personal injury matter.
- Acted for a major PRC beverage manufacturer in a breach of contract claim in a U.S. District Court and achieved a settlement through mediation.
- Acted for a Hong Kong-listed technology conglomerate on a US$2.8 billion multi-jurisdiction asset recovery exercise, including seeking Norwich Pharmacal relief and enforcing foreign judgments.
- Acted for a Hong Kong-listed PRC manufacturer in high-profile trade secrets litigation in Hong Kong.
- Acted for a Taiwanese client in challenging the jurisdiction of the Hong Kong court in claims relating to breach of fiduciary duty and constructive trust.
- Acted for various companies in asset tracing and in seeking recovery of defrauded funds as a result of e-mail compromise scams.
Compliance Investigations and Corporate Governance
- Advised Chinese and international companies in relation to antitrust, sanctions, money laundering and corporate compliance issues.
- Represented a Fortune 500 retailer in internal investigations involving potential violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by its Chinese subsidiaries.
- Represented a U.S.-listed leading global computer software company in an internal investigation into potential violations of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Represented a U.S.-listed medical device company in an internal investigation of a whistleblower complaint in relation to the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other issues.
- Represented a U.S.-listed healthcare company in an internal investigation into its operations in China and Japan.
- Represented a U.S. infrastructure fund in an internal investigation relating to its acquisition of one of the Asia Pacific’s largest renewable energy firms.
- Represented various Hong Kong- and U.S.-listed companies and individuals in Securities and Futures Commission investigations of suspected market misconduct and breaches of The Codes on Takeovers and Mergers and Share Buy-backs.
- Advised financial institutions on economic sanctions compliance requirements in investment and acquisition scenarios.
- Advised various international companies on employment-related issues, including enforcement and application of restrictive constraints, claims for breach of employment contract and variation of the contractual terms.