Effective eDiscovery management comes down to one thing: allocating the right talent to the right tasks at the right cost. Orrick approaches this challenge through a unique combination of resources and processes. In every instance, we customize our approach to address our client’s priorities and budget.
Orrick eDiscovery and Information Governance group implements and enhances client electronic discovery and information governance programs by helping clients understand the scope of their information, how it is stored, accessed and regulated, as well as the applicable retention, preservation and production obligations. We also facilitate consistent communication between clients, outside counsel, vendors and, ultimately, opposing counsel and the courts.
Regardless of the scope of the engagement, our goal is to deliver a real advantage in both litigation and cost management.
We provide strategy and advocacy in ongoing litigation and during the creation of internal ediscovery programs, reducing risk, improving efficiency and leveraging our expertise of ediscovery law and practice.
We offer a unique cost-effective in-house analytics and review operation based at our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia.
We develop and deploy enterprise information governance for large and small companies including creation of suites of policies, preservation and collection practices, retention schedules and procedures.
Orrick’s eDiscovery and Information Governance Group and Discovery Analytics & Review Services perform a wide variety of functions:
- Serving as national discovery counsel.
- Offering well developed toolkit of discovery related protocols, procedures and briefing.
- Extensive project management in litigation, technology deployment and enterprise initiatives.
- Serving as eDiscovery liaison in multi-district litigation (MDL) and negotiating discovery protocols as part of the meet-and-confer process.
- Deployment of leading data culling and review tools and expertise on alternatives to linear page-by-page review.
- Transactional support services, including project finance documentation, contract analysis, lease abstracts and loan file analysis for mortgage-backed securities.
- Information governance, data security and breach current state assessments and risk identification.
- Advising on the design and implementation of records management programs, including the creation of records management policies, procedures, inventories and retention schedules.
- Working with a client’s IT eDiscovery representative to develop and implement an internal eDiscovery archive, preservation, collection and processing solution.
- Developing company policies, protocols and outside counsel guidelines and advising on issues associated with the outsourcing of IT functions.
- Assisting with international data privacy issues and the development of privacy policies.
- Advising on information management issues associated with data migration and disposition, mergers, IPOs, and acquisitions.