Orrick's Banking & Debt Capital Markets group represents many of the leading investment and commercial banks, corporations, leasing companies, hedge funds, insurance companies, arrangers, investment advisers, private equity funds and other financial institutions in a broad range of banking and finance transactions in the leading financial centers and emerging markets around the globe.
We serve as counsel to these clients in a variety of finance matters involving diverse business sectors, and lawyers at Orrick have closed more than US$100 billion of LBO financings, investment grade financings and capital market transactions over the past five years, including a US$21.25 billion amend and extend financing and a US$1.185 billion debtor-in-possession reorganization financing. Additionally, our lawyers have advised on some of the largest cross-border acquisitions, including the largest-ever cross-border technology acquisition under the U.K. Takeover Code as well as a US$17 billion cross-border merger in the mass media sector. We are also highly active in the middle market and in gaming finance, and our experience allows us to recognize and understand our clients' business objectives and devise legal solutions that most effectively achieve their goals.
Lawyers in our Banking and Debt Capital Markets group frequently work with lawyers in related practice areas, including our corporate, bankruptcy, tax, ERISA, real estate, structured finance, asset management and regulatory groups. This cross-disciplinary approach provides clients with a unique advantage, as many financings involve multiple facilities, jurisdictions, currencies and industries, and are part of a larger corporate transaction or strategic plan.
Types of Services
We provide services throughout the United States, Europe and Asia, acting for borrowers and lenders in a range of secured and unsecured finance transactions, including:
- accounts receivable, inventory and term loan financings
- asset-based lending and securitizations
- bridge financings
- convertible debt and other hybrid securities
- cross-border transactions
- derivative products and other structured commodities financings
- DIP and exit financings
- financing of asset dispositions
- first and second lien loans
- high-yield bond offerings
- infrastructure and energy financings
- investment grade bond offerings
- leasing transactions
- letter of credit and acceptance financings
- leveraged acquisition financings
- mezzanine debt facilities
- multi-borrower and multi-currency financings
- private placements of debt securities
- public debt offerings, including shelf take-downs
- real property financings
- syndicated credit facilities
- tax-free spin-off financings
- tender offer financings
- working capital and letter of credit facilities
We also advise banks and bank holding companies on U.S. Federal, State (including New York and California), Asian and European bank regulatory matters and securities law matters.