Ms. Sharron is co-chair of the Technology Transactions and Sourcing practice at Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe. Ms. Sharron advises clients at all stages of maturity on the issues that apply to their business models in light of the rapid changes in business, technology and law. Ms. Sharron counsels companies in connection with technology and intellectual property transactions and related privacy, data security, and Internet safety issues. Ms. Sharron has represented companies across industries and technologies, including online businesses, software, hardware, mobile, Internet, e-commerce, cloud computing, digital media, retail, automotive, life sciences, cleantech, semiconductor and other technologies.
Ms. Sharron also advises on the commercial technology and intellectual property aspects of mergers, acquisitions, asset spin-off transactions and private equity investments.
Representative matters include:
- Cloud services, software-as-service, platform-as-service, e-commerce, mobile app and other online agreements
- Senior counsel to emerging companies
- Global strategic collaborations for companies across industries, including preparing and responding to RFPs, assisting with evaluation and down-selection processes, and preparing and negotiating definitive agreements
- Manufacturing, distribution and sale arrangements for hardware, semiconductor and other products and services
- Systems integrator and development agreements
- Counseling and re-negotiation of disputed technology-related agreements
- Sourcing and IT procurement
- IP licensing
- Privacy, data security and Internet safety counseling
- Open source counseling
- Intellectual property and technology issues in venture investments, mergers, acquisitions and asset sales