Randy Perry's practice focuses on real property, distressed assets and secured loan acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, and hospitality transactions.
Mr. Perry has assisted opportunity funds, operators/developers, pension funds, pension fund advisors, investment banks, financial institutions, non-bank financial institutions and private equity funds in the acquisition and disposition of real property, sale of distressed loan portfolios, and mezzanine and permanent financings.
Mr. Perry’s recent engagements include:
- Representing a non-bank financial institution with the origination of a bridge loan secured by the New York Four Seasons Hotel.
- Representing a private equity fund with its acquisition of real property and joint venture projects within California, with an aggregate value of more than US$1 billion in 2013.
- Representing a private equity fund in the financing for the construction of single family residences, condominium units and other residential property, with an aggregate value of over ten residential developments containing more than 7800 units with an estimated retail value of more than US$1 billion.
- Advising a private equity real estate investment firm in one of the most sophisticated real estate debt transactions that was restructured in 2013, involving a series of complex transactions, multi-state litigation, UCC foreclosure and restructure of US$466 million of mortgage debt.
- Advising a Los Angeles based private investment firm on the formation of a private real estate investment fund with targeted capital commitments of up to US$150 million that will purchase non-performing residential mortgage loans and real estate owned property.
- Advising a Los Angeles based private investment firm on the formation of a private real estate investment fund with targeted capital commitments of up to US$100 million to purchase re-performing, non-performing residential mortgage loans and real estate owned properties.