Nicholas Kessler is a member of the International Arbitration Group and the European Corporate Group. His practice focuses on national and international arbitration, M&A, restructuring and corporate law.
Recent transactions in which Dr. Kessler took part include the following.
- Advising Findos, a German private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of software specialist ABIT GmbH, from the financial service provider GFKL Finance Services.
- Advising a major European energy producer in a dispute with its general contractor concerning, inter alia, contractual penalties in connection with the erection of a power plant.
- Representing a major German manufacturer of automotive products in legal proceedings concerning licence fees and damages.
- Advising a German steel manufacturer in a dispute regarding price adjustments in a long-term delivery agreement with an international steel processing company.
- Representing a North-American cleaning agent manufacturer in an arbitration against one of the largest German companies in the chemical industry under the Rules of the Chamber of Commerce Germany-Switzerland concerning the validity of a licence agreement and potential violations of IP rights, particularly trademarks.
- Restructuring the group of companies of a major German producer of kitchen equipment.
- Representing a French software company in a joint venture transaction in Germany.
- Stakeholders in Wirth Maschinen and Bohrgerätefabrik GmbH in connection with the sale of shares to Aker Kvaerner.
- VC Financing of a German TV channel