Mitch Zuklie is the Chairman of Orrick and a partner in the Emerging Companies group.
Mr. Zuklie is recognized as one of the country's leading advisors to entrepreneurs, technology companies and the venture capital community. He has led hundreds of financings, public offerings, mergers, acquisitions and technology transactions and is regularly called upon to advise private and public company boards.
In addition to serving on the firm’s Board and Management Committee, Mr. Zuklie has held numerous other leadership roles at Orrick, including Corporate Business Unit leader, where he was responsible for overseeing the firm’s Capital Markets, Compensation & Benefits, Emerging Companies, M&A/Private Equity and Tax groups, and as a leader of the Silicon Valley office.
Mr. Zuklie's clients include:
- Accelergy (materials development; funded by Sequoia China, Goldman Sachs, Technology Partners and Nth Power)
- Asoka USA (powerline networking and energy monitoring; funded by Storm and Venrock)
- Banyan Energy (solar concentrator technologies; funded by Acero Capital and U.S. DOE)
- Banyan Water (water efficiency solutions; funded by Catamount and Cue Ball Ventures)
- Crystal Solar (stealth; funded by Alf Bjorseth)
- Fisker Automotive (plug-in hybrid vehicles; funded by Kleiner Perkins, NEA, A123, QIA, U.S. DOE and others)
- Laurus Energy (coal gasification project development; funded by Mohr Davidow Ventures)
- MIOX (water disinfection; funded by Sierra Ventures and Doll Capital)
- Nanosolar (advanced photovoltaic modules; funded by Mohr Davidow, Benchmark, EDF, Aeris Capital and others)
- Royal Dutch Shell (multinational energy company; LSE: RSDA)
- SolarBridge (solar microinverters; funded by Battery, Rho, Shea Ventures and Elan)
- Transonic Combustion (supercritical fuel injection; funded by Venrock, Khosla Ventures and Rustic Canyon)
- Cooliris (photo and video search; funded by Kleiner Perkins, Westly Group, DAG and T Ventures)
- eHarmony.com (relationship matching; funded by Sequoia Capital and TCV)
- Elance, Inc. (online work platform; funded by Kleiner Perkins, NEA and Pequot Capital)
- Jibe (next generation job board; funded by Polaris, DFJ and DFJ Gotham)
- Komli Media (Asia-Pacific’s leading ad network platform; funded by DFJ and Nexus India Capital)
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (online and print media; NYSE: MSO)
- MashLogic (semantic search; funded by Bessemer Venture Partners and NEA)
- MassDrop (platform for group purchasing)
- Nest (learning thermostats; funded by Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures and Shasta Ventures)
- Pubmatic (online publishing analytics and monetization platform; funded by DFJ, Nexus Ventures Partners and Helion Ventures)
- Symphony Teleca (software development, enterprise mobility and TEM solutions; funded by T.H. Lee)
- Upstart (personal lending platform; funded by Kleiner Perkins, NEA, Google, First Round Capital Crunch Fund and Mark Cuban)
- Verayo (unclonable RFID IC; funded by Khosla Ventures)
- Zoom Systems (automated retail; funded by NeoCarta, Sierra Ventures and Goldman Sachs)
Mr. Zuklie represents leading venture capital firms, including Accel Partners; Benchmark Capital; Bessemer Venture Partners; Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers; Mohr Davidow Ventures; U.S. Venture Partners; and Sequoia Capital. He also represents investment banks such as Goldman Sachs and Credit Suisse and the venture investing arms of some of the largest corporate investors.
Mr. Zuklie was one of the authors of the National Venture Capital Association's model venture capital financing forms.