Mr. Zuklie serves as the global Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Orrick.
He is an experienced business and legal advisor who has completed hundreds of venture capital financings and numerous public offerings, mergers, acquisitions and licensing transactions. He counsels technology companies at all stages of their life cycles, as well as their founders, advisors and investors. Representative clients have included Nest Labs, Nanosolar, eHarmony, Royal Dutch Shell, Kleiner Perkins, Benchmark Capital, Pandora, Oracle, Goldman Sachs, Martha Stewart Living, Bessemer Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital. Recent transactions he has led include, among others, Nest Labs' announced $3.2 billion sale to Google, and Goodreads' sale to Amazon.com.
Lawdragon recognizes Mr. Zuklie as "one of the nation's top tech dealmakers and advisors." He is described by Chambers as a "terrific all-around lawyer" known for "common sense and business judgment." Daily Journal named him to its lists of Top Emerging Companies Lawyers and Top Clean Tech Lawyers.
Mr. Zuklie serves on the Board of the Berkeley Center for Law, Business and the Economy. Before joining Orrick, he was a Director at Venture Law Group.
He and his wife, Holly, have been married for 20 years. They have two children, Hannah (14) and Angus (12).
Mr. Zuklie's clients include:
- Accelergy (materials development; funded by Sequoia Capital China, Goldman Sachs, Technology Partners and Nth Power)
- Asoka USA (powerline networking and energy monitoring; funded by Storm and Venrock)
- Banyan Energy (solar concentrator technologies; funded by Acero Capital and U.S. DOE)
- Banyan Water (water efficiency solutions; funded by Catamount and Cue Ball Ventures)
- Crystal Solar (stealth; funded by Alf Bjørseth)
- Fisker Automotive (plug-in hybrid vehicles; funded by Kleiner Perkins, NEA, A123, QIA, U.S. DOE and others)
- Laurus Energy (coal gasification project development; funded by Mohr Davidow Ventures)
- MIOX (water disinfection; funded by Sierra Ventures and Doll Capital)
- Nanosolar (advanced photovoltaic modules; funded by Mohr Davidow Ventures, Benchmark Capital, EDF, Aeris Capital and others)
- Royal Dutch Shell (multinational energy company; LSE: RSDA)
- SolarBridge (solar microinverters; funded by Battery, Rho, Shea Ventures and Elan)
- Transonic Combustion (supercritical fuel injection; funded by Venrock, Khosla Ventures and Rustic Canyon)
- Cooliris (photo and video search; funded by Kleiner Perkins, Westly Group, DAG and T Ventures)
- eHarmony.com (relationship matching; funded by Sequoia Capital and TCV)
- Elance, Inc. (online work platform; funded by Kleiner Perkins, NEA and Pequot Capital)
- Jibe (next generation job board; funded by Polaris, DFJ and DFJ Gotham)
- Komli Media (Asia-Pacific's leading ad network platform; funded by DFJ and Nexus India Capital)
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (online and print media; NYSE: MSO)
- MashLogic (semantic search; funded by Bessemer Venture Partners and NEA)
- MassDrop (platform for group purchasing)
- Nest (learning thermostats; funded by Kleiner Perkins, Google Ventures and Shasta Ventures)
- Pubmatic (online publishing analytics and monetization platform; funded by DFJ, Nexus Venture Partners and Helion Ventures)
- Symphony Teleca (software development, enterprise mobility and TEM solutions; funded by T.H. Lee)
- Upstart (personal lending platform; funded by Kleiner Perkins, NEA, Google, First Round Capital Crunch Fund and Mark Cuban)
- Verayo (unclonable RFID IC; funded by Khosla Ventures)
- Zoom Systems (automated retail; funded by NeoCarta, Sierra Ventures and Goldman Sachs)