Mr. Lutz Hoheisel is a counsel resident in Orrick's Frankfurt office and member of the Employment Group. Mr. Hoheisel advises German and international clients on all aspects of individual and collective employment laws, the legal aspects of company pension schemes and on all employment law related aspects of M&A and corporate transactions and reorganizations of undertakings.
He has special expertise in advising on the implementation of matters subject to the co-determination of employee representatives (reorganizations, reduction in force, implementation of benefits and policies etc.).
On the following recent major transactions, Mr. Hoheisel provided employment and company-pension related advice.
- Shareholders in Centr.O Oberhausen (transfer of 50% of the shares to CPPIB)
- Consortium of Sinterama S.p.A. and Indorama Ventures PCL (acquisition of Trevira GmbH and its Polish subsidiary Trevira Sp. z o.o.)
- Italian State Railway Ferrovie dello Stato and Cube Infrastructure Fund (acquisition of Arriva Deutschland group from Deutsche Bahn AG)
- Holidaybreak plc (acquisition of Meininger Group)
- Alcoa Inc. (restructuring and subsequent sale of the wire harness and electrical distribution business; sale of the Stribel business)
- Aareal Bank AG (sale and of its majority stake in Immobilien Scout GmbH; Management-Buy-Out of one of its businesses)
- Cadbury Schweppes plc (sale of the European beverages business)
- Celesio AG (acquisition of pharmexx group)
- Citigroup (NPL Joint venture)
- Coesia (bid for packaging business of IWKA AG)
- General Electric Commercial Finance (acquisition of leasing companies)
- Merck KGaA (acquisition of various companies in the chemical sector)
- Whitehall/Cerberus (bid for Viterra AG)
Prior to joining Orrick in 2010, Mr. Hoheisel worked many years for Hengeler Mueller in Frankfurt and Düsseldorf and subsequently for Bird & Bird LLP in Frankfurt, and was on a one-year secondment at Slaughter and May in London.