Julian Chung, a partner in the New York office, is a member of the firm’s Banking and Finance group. She focuses her practice on the representation of large financial institutions and borrowers in commercial lending transactions, with an emphasis on senior secured finance for leveraged acquisitions. Julian also represents financial institutions and debtors in connection with restructurings and refinancing existing credit facilities.
Recent examples of Julian’s work include advising:
- Barclays Capital, as agent, in connection with a US$1.825 billion first/second lien secured credit facilities for a borrower specializing in automotive dealership properties.
- United States Treasury Auto Task Force in negotiating and supervising all debtor-in-possession (DIP) and exit financings for both the General Motors and Chrysler restructurings. The General Motor’s US$33.3 billion DIP financing is noted as the largest DIP financing in history.
- LyondellBasell Industries in its US$6.5 billion DIP financing, which was the largest bank financed DIP financing in history and included an innovative "roll-up" of its pre-petition indebtedness, and its exit financings.
- JPMorgan, as agent, in the out-of-court restructuring of US$1.8 billion senior secured credit facilities for an international resort company.
- CVS Corporation in connection with bridge financings to acquire Longs Drugs and Caremark.
- UBS AG, Stamford Branch, as agent, in connection with a US$1.9 billion global multi-currency financing to the owner and operator of international malls.
Julian was named to the list of The American Lawyer’s 45 Under 45, which honors the top young women of the AmLaw 200. The January 2011 issue notes her work on the DIP financings of Chrysler, GM and Lyondell.
Before joining Orrick, Julian was a partner in the Corporate practice at Cadwalader.