Christina Von der Ahe's practice focuses on patent litigation. She has represented defendants in patent, copyright and trade secret litigation, including lawsuits concerning electronic devices and computer software for multiple industries. Ms. Von der Ahe has also represented clients in contract disputes, shareholder suits and employment matters.
Some of Ms. Von der Ahe's experience includes:
- being a part of the trial team that won US$112 million dollars for Brocade in a patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation suit against A10 Networks (N.D. Cal.);
- being part of the case team that obtained summary judgment of non-infringement for Nvidia (D. Colo.);
- appearing in federal court and successfully arguing terms at a Markman hearing;
- appearing in federal court and successfully opposing a motion for leave to amend infringement contentions;
- drafting several successful dispositive motions;
- working with expert witnesses to develop their expert reports;
- taking and defending depositions;
- representing clients at mediation proceedings; and
- managing the defense of large patent infringement cases filed against multiple defendants.
Prior to joining Orrick, Christina clerked for one year for the Honorable Andrew Guilford of the Federal District Court of the Central District of California. She then worked for two years as a patent litigation associate at the Redwood Shores office of Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP.
Christina Von der Ahe